Jogged for 2, Walked for 3:30

YAY! TWO MINUTES! I have officially doubled my time from when I first started jogging! Woo-hoo!!!

*would like to demonstrate a happy dance, but cannot, so will let Kirby do it for her:*

"(>^^)>" "<(^^)>" "<(^^<)" "<(^^)>" "(>^^)>"

Well, for my official stats, I jogged for 2 minutes, walked for 3:30. I went 2.005 miles, burned 256 calories, and it took me 45:30.

This was a hard jog. It was hard to breathe tonight for some reason! Darn asthma!! I tried to overcome it by adding on 30 seconds, but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to add on a full minute instead. But, as I keep telling myself, you gotta do what you gotta do, and it's not a race, right? :)

Also, after I was over, I did three sets of 30 crunches and three sets of 5 push-ups. I friggin HATE push-ups. I even start shaking when I get into the position. All I can do is what is known as "girl" push-ups, but I would love to be able to do full push-ups one day. My husband can do the whole one-handed push-ups and the push-up-and-clap-inbetween trick. Showoff. :P So I had him look at my form while I struggled through one of my sets so that I would know the few I was doing were right. He said they were good, which was kind of relieving to me. Maybe a new goal to do a few push-ups after I run, and get rid of the bat wings? :) We shall see!

5 comments:

  1. Great job!!! Don't worry about having to pace yourself. In training for running, I've heard it said that "slow and steady is all you've got!" Hahaha!

    And dag yo!! I can't believe I did so many push-ups!! It's that blasted weak upper-body strength that we've been blessed with ...! In drumline, I got made fun of SO MUCH because of my lack of push-ups. So when I became section leader, I made everyone run laps. lol! But, yeah, we can have good form and everything, but just the execution of actually DOING a push-up is something to behold. lol Best of luck!! I may be right alongside you in trying to achieve that goal. :)

     
  2. All right! YAY two minutes!!! and double yay for push-ups! I totally wouldn't have done that after a run, I do admire you for that. Like you, I hate them. :(

    Keep truckin'!

    P.s. the kirby dance was adorable.

     
  3. *YOU did so many push-ups! lol Didn't mean to brag ... :p

     
  4. Yes! Kirby dance!

    Woot for doubling your time! You are gonna turn into a fitness nut :)


    The Skinny On Getting Skinny

     
  5. WOOT! WOOT! I'm so proud of you.