Jogged for 2:50, Walked for 5

Oh, my dear blog-reading friends: Tonight. Was. Rough.

I mean, rreeeeallllyy rough.

I am having jogging remorse, both from the jog tonight and skipping the jog from yesterday. Could not jogging yesterday have put me in such bad shape tonight?

*whimpers*

I mean, REALLY? I am so close to three minutes! I am so excited about three minutes! But GEEZ!!

I am soooo tired. I didn't jog yesterday because yesterday was such a long day. I worked from 7:10 in the morning to 6:30 that night, and there was still supper to cook when I got home. (After-school inservices really are a stupid idea, by the way.) So it really couldn't be helped; I was just too tired. But I figured it wouldn't be too bad to get back at it tonight.

Sorry to complain, guys. I just ... got on the treadmill tonight, and my whole body felt like lead. Like I could've sat down immediately after a round of jogging, closed my eyes, and fallen asleep sitting up.

Actually, sitting here in this computer chair is pretty comfortable... NO! Must! Resist! Sleep!

Nobody ever said this would be easy. But sometimes, it feels like nobody ever said it would be so hard, either. (I have echos of Coldplay reverberating in my head.)

I actually had to sit down a couple of times, because I was just sweating so badly (I just got sooo hot) and I was dizzy and ... sleepy. Even though I really didn't feel like I was working that hard. Like my breathing really wasn't even strained. Oh, so weird.

Oh, well. For my stats, I jogged for 2:50, walked for 5 minutes. I went 2.165 miles, burned 273 calories, and it took me 50:00 ... well, 50:00 on the treadmill, that is.

On a random tangent, WHY do Southerners eat whenever we get the chance? If we're hungry, we eat. If we're celebrating, we eat. If we're mourning, we eat. If there's a holiday, a birth, a wedding, a death, a birthday, a fourth Sunday, a Friday night ... we eat. And we never eat healthy!! Today at school, one of the teachers (at my base school, which means that I know no one because I do not have students there) is leaving, and so everyone brought in food. Chocolate doughnuts, glazed doughnuts, powdered doughnuts, sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies, muffins, sausage balls ... and there it all was, unsupervised, when I walked into the teacher's lounge to make a couple of copies. I was floored. I wanted it. My mouth started watering and my eyes roamed all the beautiful, tantalizing colors of the spread. But then part of me remembered how many calories are in even ONE of those sweets, and I got to thinking that I didn't want my jog tonight to mean nothing for a few seconds of happiness. I made my xerox copies and got out. I felt very proud ... but that doesn't mean that I STILL don't want some of those sweets.

Can I seriously do this for the rest of my life?

I would like to think I can. :)

8 comments:

  1. Oh, you can! If you can turn down a room full of goodness (though unhealthy goodness), you can do ANYTHING.

     
  2. Hell yeah you can!!

    We all have tiring days with work and all it's exhausting! You're doing great. keep it up, ok?

     
  3. I know what you mean about southerners! I went to a bar-b-que tonight and was struck by the lack of plants... I guess we just figured out early that being healthy is the slowest way to die?

    Keep it up! I KNOW you can seriously do this for the rest of your life.

     
  4. It's hard to belive now, but it does get easier. Saying no to those little sugary bits o' evil actually starts to get fun. You will soon ENJOY the newfound power that comes with saying NO to the foods that will make you/keep you fat. And boy do I know about that Southern eating thing. I went to my family reunion this past Sunday and girl...you should have seen the spread of food. I actually made it through with only one plate, half of the plate being veggies and nothing fried. Water to drink. Now THAT was hard. But I did it...and you will too. You know what you want and you're well on your way to attaining it. I'm very proud of your progress and your resolve. It's inspiring! :)

    Here's another Southern thing...they grow gardens and gather all their vegetables...then take them to the kitchen and fry them, lmao. I've seen fried corn, fried squash, fried okra, fried potatoes...the list goes on. :)

     
  5. I know what you mean about the feeling-like-lead thing. There are some days when I run and feel like I'm going absolutely nowhere. But I still try to do it--even if it's like what you did where I take a break then keep on. Every little bit helps.

    And YES! Every Monday night after devo, a big group of us go out to eat. It's my big downfall. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to overcome it this year. lol

    Keep it up, sistah! I'm oh-so-very proud of youuuu!! :D

    funny verification word of the day: opardew!! This is an amazing word. The end. :)

     
  6. We all have days when the exercise just seems impossible. It's important to listen to your body - if you are extremely tired, it may be dehydration, so make sure you drink your water and do get some rest.
    And it's not just Southerners that eat like that! :-) Food is associated with all kinds of events in my family - it's impossible to get away from it, but I just have to learn how to have "a taste" and be done!

     
  7. You can, you can, you can! You will! You are and you will keep on and you just WILL!

    Just think...imagine every calorie you didn't eat bought you an extra five seconds of speeding across your treadmill...where else can you get ahead by giving up? Which would you rather do - enjoy a cookie for 10 seconds...or feel good all day because you achieved your running goal?

    Stick to it! You're doing great! Here's to 3 minutes next time...you can do it!! :D

    Word verification: "meedne." That's the cookies screaming "NEED ME!" at you, except it's all scrambled up because you just DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT anymore! :D

     
  8. I just discovered you via comment left on another blog! So glad I did too!
    You're doing great, keep up the good work, and yes it does get easier!^-^
    I'm on a mission to become a runner too, and we're almost at the same point with our progress. My current goal is to run a 5K in September. Yikes!

    http://hecate-metamorphosis.blogspot.com