Jogged for 2:45, Walked for 5

Okay, if you read my post that I wrote approximately thirty seconds ago, you know that I have a bad habit as of late of putting things off until too late in the night. I am a victim of this again. Need to go get a shower to wash the efforts of the Mile off, and then get to bed. Soooo tired! But tomorrow, I get to see some of my students for the first time this school year, even if just for a few minutes. I'm excited! I friggin' love my kids; they always make me laugh.

So as for my mile tonight, I jogged for 2:45 and walked for 5. I went 2.166 miles, burned 273 calories, and it took me 50:00.

I just have to tell you guys: a good friend of mine, Kristen, hung out with me at our husbands's softball game (the four of us go to the same church). I was wearing my new blue dress that afternoon since it was right after school. I told her why I got it and she was happy for me that I had lost 6 pounds. When we left the game (which our guys lost in a heartbreaker), Kristen was behind me in a tidal wave of people. When she finally caught up to me, she said, "That dress really is very slimming on you. It does this number," and she made her hands make an "hourglass" form. "Especially right in this area," and she guestured to the strip across her lower back. I clapped my hands and told her I would report it in my blog. I am a woman of my word!

But that seriously made my day. Isn't it amazing what a compliment will do???

Well, friends, gotta hit the showers. Thanks for your continued support. Can you believe that I am coming up on running for 3 minutes at a time???

5 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo! Yay for sexy dresses! :p

    It IS amazing what a compliment will do! A smile, a hug, a word of encouragement, a prayer--anything like that benefits pretty much everybody. :D

    funny verification word of the day: spott. Is this how the Canadians spell their dogs' names?? lol

     
  2. Awe, that's great! It makes all this worthwhile when you get compliments like that!

     
  3. Compliments are always welcome!
    Congratulations on getting to 3 minutes running.

     
  4. Hey Auburn!! You're making great progress on the running, and I'm sure you look like a princess in your new blue dress!! Wear it proudly. :)

     
  5. Aw, congratulations on the minutes!! Compliments are so uplifting!! *HUGS*

    KEEP AT IT.