Infection

The dern cold turned into a sinus infection. I get one or two of these a year. Darn it! But I called in today sick, and I've gotten the doctor to phone me in some antibiotics, and I've got a sweet husband who is doing all he can to help me out around the house and to make me feel better.

But, while I've been wallowing around struggling to breathe through my nose, I've been wondering about infections. Did you know that when you look up "infection" in the dictionary (or on-line at www.m-w.com, since I am a nerd), the VERY FIRST definition of "infection" is: " the act or result of affecting injuriously." (Go ahead. Look it up.)

So, could bad thinking/bad thoughts/depression be, literally, an infection of the mind?

Could excess weight be considered an infection of the body?

Perhaps I have been infected for a long time, but instead of turning to anyone for help, I just sat and saturated in my own infections. And, you know, if infections are left untreated, anybody knows that they will eventually consume you, even until the point of death.

Scary. Thank goodness for jogging, and blogging, and medicine!

And now, I must go back to bed. Too much profound thinking in a mucousy head is dangerous, too.

5 comments:

  1. Great post! You have seriously given me something to think about.
    Sorry to hear you are sick-ugh! Sinus infections are NO fun!!
    Take care of yourself and get better soon!!!

     
  2. Yuck! Sinus infections are the WORST! Rest up and take care of yourself so it doesn't travel down to your lungs...that always happens to me :(

    Great thought about the infectiousness of negative thinking! The good news is...we have a cure. Run on!

    Can't wait to "see" you back on the run! (((hugs)))

     
  3. I wouldn't look at fat the same way as an infection. Given time, your body will fight the infection and chase it away. Can't say the same about the fat...

    Hope you're feeling better soon.

     
  4. I like your question, what IS with the house totally needing cleaning all the time? I hate cleaning! Just thought I'd share that.

    Sorry about your infection.

     
  5. Maybe no an infection per se -
    but definitely cause and effect!