So yesterday ...

... I ate a whole pan of muffins because they were the only thing to keep my stomach from lurching from all of the infected mucus I had inadvertantly swallowed.

... I played video games until I got dizzy, literally, and then I'd go to bed, and I'd sleep until I got too ansty, and then I'd go play video games. Lather, rinse, repeat. I felt like such a mooching-bum teenager ... and it was even a game I've played before. Yeah. I'm a loser.

... I gave myself a french manicure, and it looked beautiful, until I sneezed and smudged a couple of my fingernails before they were almost dry.

... the weather was PERFECT outside and I got such cabin fever that I took a lawn chair out into Lola's pen and I threw a tennis ball to her. She has seriously improved on her fetching skills! But I was only able to last for about 20 minutes until I was exhausted and feverish again.

Plus side? (Um .... or .... rather .... "Positive" side *ahem*):

... Today I am feeling much better and I went back to work, and even worked overtime. (Even though I'm now beat!!) Thank goodness for Z-pack antibiotics!!

... I was so proud of my Lil' Lola, because she used to be very fearful of harsh voices, even if they were saying nice things, and a year ago she would've cowered at my cold-in-the-chest-induced-man-voice. However, she didn't even flinch, and she would fetch the ball and come lay her head in my lap for pettin's after every retrieval. It was like she knew I was doing the best I could and she was just happy to aim to please.

... I stepped on the scale today, and peeked through my fingers, fearful of all the bad food I have eaten over the past few days just to keep the room from spinning ... and it said I lost three pounds! It may be wrong, and it may be right, but at least, if it was fibbing, it was fibbing the *right* way!! At least it was a little of an ego boost. :)

Soon I feel like I will be good enough to get back on that treadmill tomorrow, even if it's just a gentle walk. But I thought I'd update y'all and let you know that I'm still here. I have ALSO been reading up on y'all's blogs, and let me just say that I have become associated with a fine, inspiring group of people!! I feel like I'm so far behind you guys, but I will catch up!! And I feel so honored that you check in with me and are cheering for me! Take heart, friends! The Quest may be on hiatus, but it won't be long now until the Journey is underway again!!

Thanks, everybody. Your comments mean so much to me!!! :)

4 comments:

  1. How encouraging that your body is now addicted to activity! even when sick, your body wanted you to be up and moving around just a little bit! Fun times for your pup!
    Glad you're feeling better. You'll be flying towards the mile again in no time!

     
  2. Oh Auburn...I've been away, getting settled in the new house...I had no idea you were so sick!! I'm very sorry to hear it...but it sounds like you're getting better..thank goodness! Congrats to you on the 3 lb loss...who cares how you got it? lol Let's just be glad it's there! If we lived closer I'd bring you over a couple of Mason jars full of homemade chicken noodle soup!! :)

     
  3. Y'all are sweethearts ... and I could go for some of that chicken soup, Tammy!! Mmmm ... might have to have me some Campbell's soup facsimilie today for lunch now that the craving is there ... :)

     
  4. Sounds like you are on the mend, and not to worry. You WILL catch up once your body has had time to heal itself. Slow and easy to begin with and soon your body will remember where you were at.

    Congrats on the 3 pounds gone!

    I'm so glad to hear you have ordered the books. You're going to love them!

    Take care of yourself and get well soon!!!!!!