Speed-walked for 30 minutes with Pickups

Hello, all! I'm still here! I have been uber-busy ... trying not to let the stress get to me! Sometimes, when you're so busy, you have to let things slide, and I have let my blog slide. But here I am, and thank goodness it's Friday! Am I right?!?

Okay, several updates:

~ Last night I speed-walked for 30 minutes with intermitant pickups. This means that I go from walking at a pace that is challenging but I can still talk to a pace that is really pushing it for minute bursts. I didn't think that this would be too bad, but dang yo! I am sore in my boutwa and in the backs of my thighs today!! Must've been doing more than I thought! As for my stats, it took me 40:00 (with a 5 minute warm-up and a 5 minute cool-down), I went 1.874 miles, and I burned 234 calories.

~ Last night we also came out of the Dark Ages here at our house and upgraded to High Speed Internet. I am so flippin' excited! I immediately watched a video on YouTube because I stinkin' COULD. Fair thee well, Dial-up. :)

~ Tonight, Phil and I are going to the State Fair. There have been reports on the news that this may be the last State Fair we will ever have; attendance has been declining over the past several years and they will probably sell the fairgrounds after this year. So we're gonna go experience it and say goodbye, I guess. We've never been to the Fair together before, so it's a whole new type of date for us. Mostly we're going to see the animal exhibits ... neither of us do carnival rides.

Umm ... I feel like there's more, but I guess that's it for now. Phil and I bought a heifer at last week's auction, and I named her Pretty Lady, as in "Hey, Pretty Lady won'tcha gimme a sign / I'd give anything to make you mine o' mine." (Brownie Points to you if you can Name That Tune!)

All right, if I think of anything more, I'll add it. Thanks, friends! :)

1 comments:

  1. Hey - I'm even more in the Dark Ages: I have NO internet at home!!

    Michigan just finished its State Fair with the same rumors that it's done forever. Sadness.