Take a Virtual Walk with Jogging Auburn and Lola!

All right, I have been spot-on with my dieting the last couple of days, and I haven't been letting up. I have been VERY proud of myself. Today I hopped back up on that treadmill and ran for one minute, walked for three minutes, for a total of going a mile.

And then I heard the most pitiful barking outside. So I went to the window, and there was Lola staring right at me. "PLEEEEEASE take me for a walk!" her eyes begged. I was more than happy to oblige, and I decided to take my favorite "route" with her and to take pictures for you guys!

Now, please keep in mind that I am the world's worst picture-taker, so ... please be kind.
So here we are, standing right outside my driveway. Up ahead at the bend, we'll deviate from the pavement and go "off-roading," so to speak. :)
Here's the entrance to the gravel road we'll take...
The beginning to the middle of no-where ... this is where it starts getting interesting, friends...

Here is the barn, and the end of the gravel road. :)
I thought I'd let you take a peek of what is beyond the red barn ... just for appreciation of the view ... but we are not heading straight here. We are turning to the right...
(See! We're panning!) Just a little more to the right...
There we are! Straight ahead, forward march! (Well, not *exactly* forward march ... I just had to cheat the camera a bit to the side to avoid the sun blinding us all ... )

If you actually were walking here, this path actually snakes around a former corn patch that we cut down a couple of weeks ago to make into feed to give to our cows through the winter. I kind of miss walking next to those tall, haunting stalks.
Now turn at the corner...
Now go straight for as far as the eye can see! :)
Can't forget to check on our jogging partner! Lola was all wiggles. :)
All rightie, so we have reached the end of the corn patch, and we're getting ready to cross into the cattle pasture, which, unfortunately for you guys, does not have cows in it right now because we're letting the grass recover for winter.

So, go ahead! Crawl under the fence! YES, in the mud and everything! What? You don't want to? Pansy. Consider this a total workout. :)
Okay, so we crawled under the fence! Now that wasn't so bad, was it? Now we just walk along the fencerow, walk through the field, and we're home!
All right, we've walked along the fencerow, and here is the gate opening...
Through the gate...
Across the field...

... And we're HOME!
And Phil was happy to see both of us. Good ole Lola! She makes a good jogging partner for all of us!
Glad y'all could enjoy this walk with us. If you like it, I could do another trail, but I don't know how frustratingly graphic-heavy this was for y'all. :)

7 comments:

  1. I met her on a farm in the U.S. of A, where they eat dog bones and go for walks everyday -- just for Lola, la-la-la-la Lola.

    OMG, I've been hanging at jack Sh*t's blog to much and it's rubbing off. Anyway, great pics. Thanks for sharing.

     
  2. LOVE THE PICS!!! Is all of that acreage yours??? I love cornfields too...something really awesome about those "haunting stalks", isn't there? So glad you're sticking to the diet and hitting the treadmill! I have sucked so bad this month girl...I've lost a measly 4 lbs in 3 weeks!! October has GOT to be better! Head down...armor on...ready for battle...ONWARD!!

     
  3. Hi JA!

    Jum over to my blog to pick up your very well deserved award. These pictures are amazing. Love the south!

     
  4. Wow, what beautiful land! Very inspiring compared to my suburban streets of coffee shops and apartment buildings. Your pooch is a lucky one! (and so are you :D )

     
  5. Hi again,

    Did you scroll down on my blog far enough to pick up the award and questions? Just checking! Hope your day picks up from this point. Take care.

     
  6. Loved the virtual workout with you and Lola! Beautiful!!!

    I have an award waiting for you over at my blog when you get a minute. Have a great weekend!

    hugs-
    Amy

     
  7. Just popping in to say I hope you're having a fabulous weekend girl! :)