Of Jogging, Dieting, and the Picture that Kept Me Going

Short post. Feeling tired.

I was on track with my diet again today, and I just finished my jog. My stats were almost exactly the same as last night.

I was on the treadmill, and I just wasn't feeling it tonight. I just wanted to sit down and not think. And, for a second, I did. And then a picture floated into my head that made me get back up.

It was a photo of me my senior year of high school. In my mind, I think I still look like that girl. Sometimes I'm even shocked when I look in the mirror and she's not there, there's just this imposter who isn't as pretty. But if I worked hard at it, I could look like her again. I mean, heck, that wasn't even ten years ago! So I got my body back up on its feet, every single pound of what felt like lead, and finished the jog. I just kept thinking of her. I want to be her again.

To Auburn:
This is Her. And it could be You.
Don't give up on Her.

5 comments:

  1. You are GORGEOUS woman! Kudos to you for finishing that jog!! Unfortunately, high school pictures don't inspire me, lol. I was 237 lbs my senior year in high school....and I'm about 242 lbs right now...only 5 lbs higher...truth is, I've always been fat. Getting skinny is a totally new thing for me! Kinda' scary!! :)

     
  2. Wow! You are gorgeous! And that is still you. She's still there.
    I'm with Tammy though, my senior picture was less than inspiring. I'm way thinner and in way better shape now than I was at 18 though, so that's something at least.
    Congrats on picking yourself back up and finishing that run!!!
    I'll be thinking of you during my run tomorrow morning. Last practice run before my 5K-yikes!
    So no way I can blow it off.
    Thanks for the inspiration!:-)

     
  3. Y'all are just the best. You guys are such an inspiration to me!! Tammy, I know that you are gonna be smokin' hot one of these days and you'll wonder why you were ever scared of that moment. And Amy, I can't even imagine running a 5K right now ... but one day I will! Just keep pushing on and know that I'm just a few steps behind you!! :)

     
  4. WOW!!!!! Look at that glowing, glamorous, DROP DEAD GORGEOUS gal! She's proud of you.

     
  5. Just keep that picture in your head and moving in that direction and eventually it will happen. You can do it.