Speed-walked for 30 minutes

Okay, as Sharon would say, here are my wins and fails:

Bad news first: fails ... my eating has totally been out of control. I have been fighting the anxiety and fear with the decisions that must be made about school. I am thinking about transferring schools, and I dread all the extra work, and I worry about the money, and I don't want to get a degree in something that I don't want to do, but if I don't go back to school, then I can't keep my job ... *pant pant pant* And I caved and ate something bad. And then I was like, well, I've already blown it today, what about eating *this* thing ... and then I eat more and more. And then the next day came, and it was like, well, I screwed myself over yesterday, it's still the weekend, so what did I do? Screwed myself over again is what I did. Yes. Weakness sucks. Now it's getting back on the wagon.

(Oh, there were so many cheeseburgers and barbeque to be had.... *shudders*)

But, I paid for my sins, because last night I got an acute case of food poisoning, and was ill today. I repented many times over. And Amy suggested that I read a book called Running for Mortals, and since I lost all of my running stamina when I got my sinus infection, I decided to take their running program to heart.

Wins: Even though I wasn't the best today, I still went to work, and even had my first IEP meeting that needed an interpreter. Interesting! And I did my exercising tonight. I speed-walked (or is it sped-walked?) for thirty minutes, and walked for five minutes at a slower pace afterwards. I stretched for about 10 minutes after that. Felt pretty good.

I want that mile, but I've gotta do it the slow, smart way.

4 comments:

  1. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sped
    I think we should stick with speed-walked :D

     
  2. You know what the awesome thing is about the bad weekend eating? It's in the past...leave it there. :)

    You're doing just fine girl....just keep looking forward and putting one foot in front of the other. :)

     
  3. I got name-dropped! I'm so excited!! <3

    Oh gosh....food poisoning?! NO FUN! :(

    I can TOTALLY relate to the life-anxiety-eating. I'm about a month away from a HUGE, SCARY life change and it's so tempting to ignore its approach with food! "I will hide behind this corndog! Life can't see me if I'm inside this box of Cheese-Its!" :p It's so hard to resist.

    You're totally awesome for identifying the impulse behind the eating you later regret. And for speedwalking your way back on track! Go you!!!!!!

     
  4. Karen -- since I technically teach special ed, then can I help but do anything BUT sped-walk? ^_^