The Bane of Going to Eight Different Schools This Week

The bane of going to eight different schools this week? You get exposed to the entire county's germs, no matter how much hand-washing you do!

And so I woke up sick today. Sore throat, fever.

We have been warned this school year that if we exhibit a) a fever, and/or either b) a cough or c) a sore throat, we are supposed to stay home for five to seven days. FIVE TO SEVEN DAYS?!? This is because of the H1N1 Virus, which is the stupidest name ever (and yes, when you are sick, "stupidest" is a word), so I will call it by its real name: Swine Flu.

Well, I KNOW I do not have Swine Flu -- I think I've had enough colds in my life to be able to tell the difference -- and I'm certainly not going to stay home for an entire week. Call me a rebel.

But as for today, lotsa liquids and resting. Gonna catch up on my Steven King book (an oldie called "Needful Things," which I've never read before). First headaches and now colds. Yes, the school year has begun.

Good news? Yesterday, when I wore my jeans on Casual Friday, I had to use the next tightest beltloop than I've ever had to use before. Maybe the successes aren't all in my head, despite the scale disagreeing with me.

Peace out, my friend. Thanks for dropping by. Next time bring some Chicken Soup. :)

0 comments: