Jogged for 2:05, Walked for 4

Well, it's been a day since I posted. I didn't get to jog yesterday; I went and visited my dad at his new job, and I helped out a family friend who just had a new baby but also has a rambunctious two-year-old. It was so fun playing with the little boy and cuddling the little baby. I totally got baby envy, haha! I want children so badly ... but we don't want to have children where we live right now. We are much too crammed in this glorified cardboard box, and WE don't even want to be here. We've bought a log home package that we want to build on our beautiful farm ... but so far, it's just dreams. Homes and dreams and babies ... *sigh* But it'll get here. And in the meantime there are short-term goals, like jogging!

As for tonight, I jogged for 2:05 and walked for 4 (I went ahead and bumped up my time, and it was a LOT easier to jog, lemme tell you!!). I went 2.207 miles, burned 278 calories, and it took me 51:00.

As long as I am on the topic of babies (since I've totally got them on the brain), I'll go ahead and share with you the names that we have picked out. We've got two boy names and one girl name (we want boys, so boy names are easier, haha!). Our first boy name is Phillip Taran, and he'll go by Taran. (Incidentally, I wanted him to be Taran Phillip, but my husband said that he didn't want our son's initials to be "TP," like toilet paper.) Our other boy name is Hunter Grover. (Grover was my husband's grandfather's name whom he adored so much [who unfortunately passed away a couple of months after we got married] ... but even the grandfather didn't like his own name, so we just wanted a name that didn't sound too bad with it. We thought Hunter was a good compliment.) And our girl name that we have picked out is Valancy Elizabeth.

One day I'll have my little ones, and I can't wait to be a mom. But I know when I am a mom, I will fondly remember the days when it was just my husband and me, so I'm just trying to do my best to enjoy these days while they are here.

Well, really fast, I'd also like to share that I made a low-fat parfait for my husband and me to eat for supper tonight, and it was so friggin' good!! Even HE liked it, and he tends to be diet-phobic. Sometimes, when it tastes so good to be good, who wants to even be bad?!?

Well, it felt good to get back on that treadmill. Thanks for all your support, guys! It's truly what keeps me going!

6 comments:

  1. Well you can't be on the treadmill -every- day, so don't fret skipping that much. I am also a mommy at heart, though I am childless. At least human childless, I have two great four legged kids :)

    I LOVE the name Grover! All your baby names are cute. And in spirit of your post, I shall share mine!

    For my future boys I have picked out:
    Roman Micah, Jeremiah Scott and Eli Marc. We figure we are going to have all boys so that's why I have a few picked out.

    For girls: Aubrey Larissa and Jane Claire. Aubrey was my late grandfather's name whom I was very very close to. In fact, each of those baby names has at least a first or middle name that is named after someone in our families.

    This comment is getting as long as a blog post. Hehehe *skittles off*

    The Skinny On Getting Skinny

     
  2. Katie, your names are beautiful! Y'all are doing the same thing we are, with picking a first or middle name from family members. I especially liked your "Roman" -- so original and strong-sounding!

    I friggin LOVE long comments! You have no idea how addicted I am to comments, hehe!

     
  3. Enjoy being with your husband cause then when you guys have kids you'll be very busy to get some time for yourselves! Alone and together. Well, that's what I've heard. lol

    Children are a blessing and when the time is right I bet they will be sent to you.

    When I have children, I have NO IDEA what I would name them! Hopefully something nice and not too wacky! :D

     
  4. So ... Phillip Taran's initials are going to be PTS? As in post-traumatic stress? lol! It just goes to show that you can't be too scared what kids will call your kids; everybody's names can get made fun of at SOME point!

    And, yes, the baby envy is upon us all. And I'm not even in a relationship!! lol! But I'm slowly learning to appreciate life exactly where it is: no looking back, not too much planning ahead, just looked up to God for guidance. :)

    Oh yeah, and, uh, keep up the good exercise too! :p Sorry we didn't get to swim Monday!

     
  5. Hey girl!! I saw where you left a comment on my blog this morning so I wanted to come check out yours!! Totally jealous of the jogging...you are doing FANTASTIC!! I love your plan to build endurance. I cannot jog yet. My big ol' floppy stomach makes these loud mocking noises when I try and it makes me want to run and hide in a deep hole so nobody can see me, lol. I'm sticking to the walking right now and boy is that slow going! Just managed to get to 2 miles/30 mins yesterday and I've been at this for 7 weeks!!!!!!!!! You're doing so much better than me and you should be proud of yourself!! I can see you're quickly going to become one of my exercise inspirations. God knows I need some inspiration, lol. :)

    I am 37 years old and have a boyfriend of 5 years. We're not even talking marriage yet, so I seriously doubt chillin's are in the cards for me. I've always thought though that if I ever had a baby girl I would name her Magnolia Jane. I have a thing for magnolia trees, growing up the south, and Jane is my mom's middle name. Would probably call her Maggie. :) I'm originally from Jax, FL and now live in Kennesaw, GA..north of Atlanta. I noticed on your profile that you're also in the South. Whereabouts?

    My email address is tammyjortagus@yahoo.com if you ever want to chat outside of the blog forum. Keep up the good work!! I'm signing up on your blogroll and will be following you daily!! :)

     
  6. Oops...I didn't find you from leaving a comment...I found you from joining my blog as a follower, lol, sorry 'bout that. Major sleep deprivation going on here. And only going to get 5 hours tonight before I have to be back up and at 'em again tomorrow....ugh. 'Nite nite. :)