Jogged for 2:35, Walked for 5

Okay, quick post, my friends. I did my jogging last night, but I was so incredibly tired that I didn't have the gumption to write about it after I jogged and got a shower, so here I am! I jogged for 2:35, and walked for 5 minutes. I went 2.166 miles, burned 273 calories, and it took me 50:00.

Well, I think I finally have some tentative weight-loss success! The day after I went to the doctor and found out that I had gained the infamous 6 pounds, I weighed myself at my parent's house. Their scale agreed with the doctor's scale (235 lbs), which I found to be very discouraging. However, yesterday I just so happened to be at my parent's house again, and I weighed myself again, just out of curiosity. It said I weighed 229 lbs!! HECK YES!

Perhaps I am back to where I was before I started all this jogging mess! (Haha, I say that sarcastically; I know that if I hadn't been jogging, I probably would've just continued to gain at the same alarming rate.)

So, yesterday when I was at Wal-Mart doing my weekly grocery shopping, I saw a cute dress that caught my eye that wasn't too expensive at all. I got it to reward myself for the weight loss, and I got compliments all day on it. :) Nothing like a few compliments to heighten your motivation!!

Oh, and just as a side-note: perhaps you are wondering why I don't weigh myself at home. Well, funny story... See, we HAVE a scale, and I think it's a pretty good one. We just don't have good floors. Our floors sink in, some places worse than others (we joke that we have to play Russian Roulette with the floor at the back door: one of these days, one of us is going to fall through, and every time when we step there, it's if we're feeling lucky). So, we found out rather quickly that in order to have an accurate scale, accurate floors are important. (To let you understand the inaccuracy, I apparently gain forty pounds from one end of my house to the other!) There is *one* tile on the kitchen floor that we have found to be fairly accurate, but it's right in front of the sink, so we can't leave the scale there, and by the time that I've carted the scale to the Magic Tile and zeroed the dern thing out, it was SO not worth the effort. Ah ... the joys of the Newlywed Starter Home.

Incidentally, my log house to-be has accurate floors. :)

All right, my friends. Tonight I am gonna cheer my husband on as he plays church softball, and we must travel two hours to get to the park tonight (our team won the district, so it's on to the regionals!). There probably won't be jogging tonight due to the drive-time, but I am not worried; I look hot in my new blue dress. :)
This is what the dress looks like, except that it
has a scoop-neck instead of a collar,
and it doesn't button up the front. It's like a
comfy t-shirt and pretty dress rolled into one. :)

5 comments:

  1. Cuteness! And I had no idea about the floors! Maybe that's why my scale doesn't work at my apartment ...?

    Funny verification word: vingies. I think this is one of my favorites so far!! XD

     
  2. Love the dress girlfriend!! I've read your blog since the beginning, but can't remember when you're official weigh day is....remind me. :)

     
  3. I ... uh ... don't have an official weigh day, Tammy. My goal is to ultimately lose weight, but I haven't been around a reliable scale enough to do this. Hmm ... maybe I'll take a page out of Sean's book and weigh every 2 weeks ... drag the scale to the magic tile in the kitchen. :)

     
  4. I love the dress! What a good reward!

    Also, I think it's really funny that you started this off with "Short post". :) I'm proud of you!

     
  5. I bet you look wonderful on that dress! That is awesome!!

    You should be proud of yourself!