Jogged for 2:15, Walked for 4

Well, this was it ... the last day of summer vacation. I can't believe how much I have come psychologically. At the beginning of the summer, I was crying every day because I dreaded the idea of the school year coming like a slow-moving freight train. Today, I didn't even come CLOSE to crying. It's just a fact of life. In fact, I'm looking forward to seeing my kids again, so I'm looking forward for the year to start.

Oh, before I get too deep into talking about the school year, I'ma gonna share my stats. I jogged for 2:15 and walked for 3 minutes. I went 2.066 miles, burned 263 calories, and it took me 47:00. Also, I feel compelled to tell you that I did 100 sit-ups (2 sets of 33, 1 set of 34) and 3 sets of 10 girl-push-ups. Not too shabby, huh?

Okay, so ... the school year. I feel like a total pansy saying that the school year kind of scares me. I actually love school. I graduated as Valedictorian from my high school and Magna cum Laude from college. I love teaching and I absolutely adore my kids.

It's just *this* job. The paperwork ... oh, GOSH ... the PAPERWORK!

I teach high school gifted students (the cream of the crop kiddos). The good part: the kids are brilliant, clever, funny, and keep me on my toes. The bad part: they are considered special ed.

So I have to do all ... and I mean ALL ... of the special ed paperwork. On each and every one of them.

Let me explain this monstrous amount of paperwork to you. The average special education teacher has between 20-30 students so that they can physically finish all of the paperwork. I, on the other hand, have 77 students, which is actually improved from my caseload of 98 from last year. To put it in another light, I only teach 5 hours a week, but the rest of the school day is spent on paperwork, and I physically cannot do it all. The perfectionist in me is being driven insane by this.

And as for now, I must stop talking about this, because already my blood pressure is rising, and I'm trying to get calmed down so I can go to bed ... and be able to get up in time to be at school at 8:00.

So, happy news? I have a couple of good weight loss cheers. This might be TMI, but I noticed something about my thighs today. My thighs normally touch the arms of the computer chair when I sit down at the computer (yes, BOTH arms), but today I noticed that my thighs do not touch the armrests anymore. Yay for slimming down!

Today I also bought a pair of shorts that I'm supposed to wear when I'm exercising that will allow me to sweat an extra amount and get rid of waterweight in my hips and thighs. I wore them tonight when I went jogging. I will say that if sweating is what those shorts were supposed to do, then By Gum they sure did a good job of it! It was actually quite gross, teehee. So maybe that's a good thing...?

Okay, be thinking about me tomorrow, friends. I've gotta face my old demons and continue trying to squelch my old thinking, and I fear it's gonna be a hard day. But at least I've got the ole treadmill waiting for me to get out some of the anxiety and tension. Until then! :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you! I've learned that so much of stress is simply caused by how you look at it, and it sounds like you're seeing that yourself! Look forward to positives, deal with negatives, ask for help, and treat yourself! :)

    Also, the jogging is coming along great! The thigh thing is very exciting!! And those shorts sound cool! Where did you get them??

    Best of luck at school, and I'll be so excited to see you tonight!! :D

     
  2. I go back to work on monday too!! But my kids don't come in till september. We are having courses and stuff like that I think. I love teaching too! And despise the paperwork as well.

    New clothes? That's great!! It will motivate you to work out harder! ;)

    Have a good weekend.

     
  3. Oh I love it when things like that happen, noticing the thighs shrinking...that is so awesome!!! It's the little things that maybe nobody notices but us that will give you that little boost to keep on pushing through to your goal! :) VERY interested in what kind of shorts you're talking about...email me!!