Jogged for 2:20, Walked for 4

Whew, guys! I can't tell you how good it feels to have gotten that last blog out of my system. I know that I've told y'all before that I am trying to write positive, but at the same time I kind of felt like I was lying to y'all, too. Like I was doing what I'm always trying to do, just putting on a happy face and bearing it all by myself, even though I'm really struggling inside. Fact is, now I feel like you know the worst of it, and I feel like I don't have to keep pretending. Now when I write positively, I know you know where I'm coming from. That is so relieving to me!

And thank you all for your dear comments! Maggie, I truly understand what you mean about your french teacher. She sounds a lot like the teacher that I covered, just a fantastic teacher and a wonderful trooper. We need more teachers like that!

I have some students in my gifted class who gave me the nickname "Mama Sunshine" because (out of their own mouths) when they begin their day with me their day always starts out happy. I love this nickname, but I also feel like I've gotta live up to it, too. I wanna be Mama Sunshine all the time! :)

I heard a line in a song by Jason Mraz that really struck me today. It said, "If it's a broken part, replace it/If it's a broken arm, then brace it/But if it's a broken heart, then face it." I feel like that is what I'm trying to do. Gotta heal from the inside-out. Gotta deal with all facets of how I got into this state that I'm in now, and figure out how to get myself out. And jogging is part of my therapy plan!

So tonight, I jogged again! I jogged for 2:20, and walked for 4 minutes. I went 2.063 miles, burned 262 calories, and it took me 47 minutes. And -- haha! -- it just now occurs to me that I didn't do my pushups and situps. Oh, well. Lola and I took a really long walk this afternoon ... maybe that'll make up for it...?

Well, my friends, it's getting late, and I still need to get a shower. I love y'all's comments ... you guys are so uplifting to me! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! :)

1 comments:

  1. My blog is about the good, the bad and the ugly. I encourage you to do the same....write it ALL down...well, maybe not really personal family stuff...but you know what I mean. I was never the writing type before I started my blog 8 weeks ago, so I had no clue as to how therapeutic is was going to be to "get it all out there". It's a wonderful thing to do for yourself and I encourage you to keep it up. You will also find that over time a support system of bloggers will build around you and those people become very important to you..for support..for encouragement...for inspiration...and sometimes just to listen. :)