Jogged for 1:20, Walked for 3

Okay, so I kind of weenied out today. (Is "weenied" a word? Well, you know what I mean.) After thinking about it all day today, I just thought that I couldn't jog for 1:20 without walking more inbetween. Maybe I psyched myself out; I dunno. I DO know that the extra minute of walking inbetween each round of jogging made a HUGE difference. I was prepared mentally and physically for the next jogging round, my breath was under control, and the "burnination" was better today ... though I did drink more water (thanks for the tip, Katie!).

Anywho, for my stats, I jogged for 1:20, then walked for three minutes. It took me 54 minutes totaly, and I walked 2.306 miles. I also burned 288 calories.

This is the first time since I've gotten my treadmill (back around New Year's, which was, incidentally, purely coincidental ... I don't believe in New Year's Resolutions) that I have exercised on it for 4 days in a row. I guess that in and of itself is a milestone, right? :)

Keep on going, guys, one step at a time. That's what I keep telling myself!! :D

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome, Auburn. It's not a bad thing, though, to maintain certain times for like two or three days, though. If you find a time pair that's really stellar for you and you feel really efficient, don't be afraid to stick with that pairing as long as you want.

    I call it my ceiling. Right now, 4 miles on the elliptical machine is my ceiling. Right now 25 reps for each weights machine is my ceiling. Hopefully I can push at least one of those forward by next week.

    Don't feel like you have to conquer it all in a day. Day by Day. Yes, I just threw some old-fashioned theatre campin' Godspell at you. DEAL WITH IT! :D

     
  2. I literally bounced in my chair in excitement when I saw my name! LoL. But good! I'm glad it helped! I have problems making myself drink enough.

    It is day by day... by day by day by day. LoL! I will be dragging myself back to the gym in the morning even if I am mentally kicking and screaming!

     
  3. Excellent job! Keep it up! =) It all takes time remember that but with patience you'll be able to get wherever you want.