Jogged for 1, Walked for 2

Whew! So I just jogged for my first session. I jogged for one minute and walked for two minutes. It took me a grand total of 47 minutes (boo on that!). I burned 262 calories, and ultimately walked 2.065 miles.

It was rough, but it was do-able. I was feelin' pretty good until about the 5th round, then it started getting a little harder to breathe. Sure was happy to get to that last round!!

I thought it was ironic that on the 6th round, a commercial came on TV that was for helping people out with credit card debt. That in and of itself is not ironic, but the pitch for the commercial was. A very serious man in a suit was standing on a treadmill, and he said, "Does it feel like you are stuck on a treadmill?" Panting and sweating and jogging, I was like, "Well, good job, Detective Obvious!" He went through his spill, and at the end of the commercial they zoomed in on his face and he pointed out directly at me, serious as a hellfire and brimstone minister, and said, "Why wait any longer? Get OFF the treadmill!"

And I was like, "Et tu, TV?" That was just mean.

But anyway, I'm so happy to be done until tomorrow!! (Isn't that truly the best part of exercise?? Fo sho!) Until then...!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome job! And that's hilarious about the commercial! lol

    And, yes, one of the best parts of exercise is the relaxation afterward. I always end with a prayer and a niiiice shower, usually followed by lounging. lol

    Love ya, girlie! Keep it up!! :D

     
  2. Auburn, you rock. I personally hate treadmills. They just...I dunno. I can't balance it all out on a treadmill. Like, sometimes my feet hit the thingy on the front and it makes a loud sound and everybody stares....OR I'm like gripping onto the very end of those bars with my ass sticking out behind me and my feet practically slipping off the end of the machine.

    So cheers for being able to work a Treadmill properly. And cheers for getting angry enough to make the final decision. I am watching. Make no excuses, Auburn. For real. One excuse leads to many many more. I don't care how bad your cramps are. Get up on that thaaaang! :D

     
  3. I have never gone onto a treadmill. :P I recently just began to jog in the morning it feels incredible! I started a new job and this past year was very hectic so I stopped exercising. Now getting on track is the hard part!

    Congratulations to you!