Jogged for 1:15, Walked for 2

Okay, so this was a rough round. I am beginning to remember why I always have given up after the third day. Not this time, though! Doesn't mean I'm not scared!!

I jogged for 1:15, walked for 2 minutes. I burned 241 calories and ultimately walked 1.864 miles.

I'll say this: my breathing really wasn't having issues, but my legs were BURNING!! Like, the backs of my thighs were on fire about 20 seconds deep into every jogging session. By about the minute mark, I began to think that I just couldn't make it, but I remembered that I ran further than that yesterday, and I didn't want to have to report failure. One day I might have to report failure, but today was not gonna be that day!!

I'm just worried that with such "burnination" (love ya, Strong Bad) that I won't be able to up my ante by another 5 seconds tomorrow. Maybe I'll walk for three minutes to give me more of a break. Ergh, I feel like such a weenie. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. Forcing fluids will help with that fatigue! Eating some carbs should help too, especially if you are working more for endurance than losing weight.

    But you're doing great! I jogged for like.. 8 seconds today. LoL.

    Oh and I love Strong Bad too. I use the ID Katie Eighty alot online :) "Especially you.. Katie 80..."

     
  2. Yay! Another Strong Bad follower! That seriously makes my day, no joke! :D

    That's a great tip about the fluids. I know I do not drink enough water. I will try to increase drinking water and see if this helps; thanks! :)

     
  3. Yeah, just take it easy. Don't push to hard. Or start off really slow and then speed up the paste maybe? I know you won't quit!=)

     
  4. Another tip (and you may already know this): When you feel your muscles start to hurt while you're running, change the way you run. Like, running falt-footed/heel-first works your thighs more; lifting up your legs works your knees and quads, and running on your toes works your calves. There are lots of times when my calves will start hurting, so I run flat-footed for a while. Or vice versa.

    Anyway, there ya go. :)