Jogged for 1:10, Walked for 2

Here's to Round 2! I jogged for 1:10 (decided to push myself to go 5 seconds beyond what I thought I'd do yesterday!). All in all, it took me 43:10 to finish (hey, at least it's marginally faster than yesterday), burned 250 calories, and ultimately walked 1.942 miles.

The blog is working! Today I bought myself a dog toy to play with Lola (she is my black lab/chow mix). It's a thing that allows you to throw a ball further than you might normally throw it, which is nice but it's not the reason I got it. I mostly got it because it says that it has a "hands-free pickup," meaning I might be able to get the ball off the ground without bending over, and thus saving my poor ole back. Can't wait to try it out with Lola!

Also, I had to do a lot of errands today, and I was famished. I pulled into a local Sonic restaurant, and stared longingly at the mozzarella sticks. I almost talked myself into getting them, but then I noticed apple slices (served with fat-free caramel sauce) were listed right under them. It was so tasty, and I didn't feel guilty afterwards, which was nice. I didn't want to have to face y'all if I had eaten those mozzarella sticks! XD

Well, I've gotta get ready for VBS tonight. Thanks for all the wonderful encouragement! Keep up your hard work with your own fitness endeavors!!!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! The accountability is nice. I wanted to stop working out yesterday, but I pushed myself a little farther, thinking "What the hell, Meg? You JUST told somebody not to piss and moan about cramps and period side-effects. Keep working, little hypocrite."

     
  2. It's true! And you know, I remember back in my tennis days that exercising actually reduced cramping. It was rough when I *was* cramping, but after all was said and done, I felt better afterwards. And when I was actually in pretty good shape, my cramps were not nearly as bad as they were before. Try to remember that next time Mother Nature tries to discourage you from meeting your goal. :) Remember, NO EXCUSES!!