Where have I been?

Where have I been?

I don't know.

I've been here, but I haven't *been* here. Does that make sense?

The horrible meetings that I mentioned in my last post didn't go nearly as bad as I thought they would have gone. Both meetings dumped a crazy large amount of work on me that is due by Thanksgiving break. Why is it that they assume since I'm young and try to remain positive that I am invincible?? A Superwoman, if you will?? Cuz I sure enough AIN'T. 'Nuff said.

Tired of waking up extra-early (try 4:30) to get to work early (try 5:30 or 6:00) so that I can work on my paperwork, and I'm also tired of staying late (try getting home Monday night at 6:00) after a long day. Is it ever gonna get done? Oh, come on, Thanksgiving break!! I come home, make supper, and crash. Last night, I was seriously fighting falling asleep during Biggest Loser ... and then Abby left ... and I sobbed from sadness and exhaustion. Then it was off to bed for me!

So I've been dealing with the extra work, and denying my new mantra of exercise. Oh, the shame. I have avoided y'all because I feared 'fessing up. But here I am. And denying it isn't going to make it any better.


On the plus side, I *have* been good with my eating. I even ate a fat-free lunch on Sunday afternoon (which y'all know is huge), and even moreso, I did this AFTER I carried the rest of the family's lunch in my lap to the house. Those Arby's curly fries smelled so good they about drove me wild. But I didn't have a single one. Doesn't that count for something? :)

And since I try to remain positive, I'll let you know that my classes have been going fantastic. AND! It's very possible that I may be getting a horse! I've had the horse bug ever since I went horseback riding over fall break ... thinking about owning a horse has consumed me. It's like it suddenly clicked that horses are not mythical creatures, and I can own one just as good as anybody else. Well, last Saturday morning we went to an auction (of a farm selling out) and Phil bought me a box of horse tack for $20. There were halters, reigns, saddle bags, and blankets in there -- some of it brand-new! Very good sign. And he's conceded to going horse shopping with me a couple of times. I have absolutely fallen in love with a strawberry roan mare that is about a 2 hour drive away from where I live; we are going to go see her on Sunday afternoon. I am hoping so much that Phil will let me get her. I have my eye on a chestnut gelding for Phil, too (for after all, if you get one horse, you really need to get two, since they are such social creatures). I'm hoping it works out. But, if it doesn't, it doesn't. Just dreaming about it is a bright spot in my life right now. My mind drifts while I'm doing my paperwork.

Here are the horses I've got my eye on; what do you think?

This is the strawberry roan mare...

... and here is the chestnut gelding.


Sorry I'm making y'all endure my horse obsession right now, too. It's a pleasant distraction for me. :)

And as for now, since I can barely hold my eyes open and I've been yawning while writing this whole post (it probably isn't even coherent), I'ma gonna go take a nap, and then I hope to jog later on tonight.

Sorry I've been out of pocket, friends. I will try to do better, on all accounts.

11 comments:

  1. Ooh, they're both beautiful! I hope you get your horse! I for one would be very happy for you. And just so you know would also be living vicariously through you and thus might possibly be bugging you for more details! LOVE that horsey smell, don't you?? Gosh I miss having a horse!
    Chin up on the work thing. It's all got to end some time right?? At least that's what I keep telling myself with regards to my extra stuff going on just now.
    Sending positive vibes your way-
    hugs-
    Amy

     
  2. Glad that your meeting went okay! I am so happy for Thanksgiving break too!
    I think having a horse would be awesome, I have always wanted one :-)

     
  3. Hi. Sorry you've been given so much extra work to do. They obviously think you are very capable and diligent - which I'm sure you are. I hope you get plenty of gold stars for all your effort ie the recognition you deserve.

    Lovely horses! I'm not a horsey person really, but they are noble creatures. A great thing to dream about. I hope that one day (when you have a little more time on your hands!) you'll be able to make that dream come true.

    Best wishes,
    Bearfriend xx

     
  4. Both those horses, as I've said to you before, are beautiful. Be sure to remember to contact me when you get to Murftown so we can see if we can somehow get together! :D

    And, yes, chin up on both the work and the working out. I've been slacking off of working out too because of school, so I'm in the same boat with you.

    I love you tons. Like Amy said, positive vibes are going your way, and prayers are (as always) going up for you. :)

     
  5. Hi Auburn - It was great to see you back. Sounds like a work deluge - but as Bearfriend said, they must think you're up to the challenge. If you have time, keep posting. It's a good outlet for frustration, and your blog buddies will support you.

    Nice horses - it must be exciting to be able to get a horse when you're a "horse woman". Hang in there - will be looking forward to hearing more.

     
  6. Great blog and this information is very useful to everyone.

     
  7. Hi Auburn. Hope you're having a lovely Thanksgiving holiday!

    I have an award for you over on my blog.

    Bearfriend xx

     
  8. Hi. I have ANOTHER award for you if you're around!

    Best wishes,
    Bearfriend xx

     
  9. Hey Auburn,

    I've been out of the loop myself for quite some time and it sucks, big time. Trying to hold onto something good...like Blogland. I hope you make it back soon, too. Miss you girl.

     
  10. Gorgeous horses! I hope it works out. BTW, doing all fat free may leave you verrrry hungry. I always recommend at least a little fat in each meal...

    BODA lose weight

     
  11. Hi,
    I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could email me?
    David