Update from Fall Break

Whew! I'm back! Fall break was wonderful ... I got to catch up on some much-needed sleep, everyday was wonderful and exciting and new, and I was good. Watched what I ate, exercised when I could ... all in all, very good. :)

I found that since I was so busy, I seemed to eat a lot less than I normally would have (sometimes I accidentally skipped meals without even realizing it, which is very unlike me), and I have noticed that this week so far, even though I'm back to the ole grindstone, I am not as hungry. I hope that this is a trend that will stay!!

Incidentally, when Phil and I went to the log home company to talk about our house plans, we had a little excitement over the fireplace. We had noticed that our fireplace had been deleted in our last revision, and we thought it was just an oversight. Turns out, it was NOT an oversight: fireplaces do not come with the package. So we asked how much a wood-burning fireplace would cost to add ... the answer? "Oh, you're lookin' at probably between $25,000-$30,000." WHAT?!?! Does it really cost that much?! How does ANYONE have a fireplace if that's what they cost?!?

In other news, by way of exercise, I thought I'd let y'all know that last Friday I fulfilled a childhood dream of mine and went horseback riding for the first time (that really counts). I went with a couple of friends of mine named Catherine and Kristen. Catherine brought three of her own horses (but Kristen also has her own horses, incidentally). We took a five-mile trail in a local park, and even though it was drizzly and cold and my pony was pokey and liked to graze ... I still had the BEST time!! I was so, so happy to actually be horseback riding -- I thought my heart would burst from the pure joy of it. After it was over, Catherine let me brush the three horses down, and while she and Kristen were getting the brushes, I petted the horse I had ridden and found that I couldn't keep the tears at bay. I had wanted that moment my whole life, and it finally happened. I didn't want the trail to end! I didn't want that afternoon to ever be over, even though I couldn't feel my toes and my nose.

Catherine and Kristen were pleased that I enjoyed myself so much. Kristen even said that she's considering getting one of her horses broke so that we can ride together (only one of her horses is broken). I would love this more than words!

And GEEZ, was I SORE the next day!! I thought I wouldn't be able to sit down comfortably for a week!! What a workout, though! And it was so much fun!

Well, I've gotta be going. Got a parent-teacher meeting to attend (fun!). If all goes well, I hope to run this afternoon -- the Quest is Back ON!!

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes time consumes us and we dont eat properly because we get involved with other stuff.

     
  2. So glad to hear you had a fabulous fall break, and made a childhood dream come true! That's just fantastic Auburn! Email me and I'll send you a link showing you how to do the skullcrushers! I tried them with 10 lb weights and couldn't lift it 2 inches, lol....I'm doing mine with 5 lb weights for now. :)

     
  3. That's so awesome! Yay for horseback riding!! :D

     
  4. Hi JA,

    Sounds like a wonderful break with time for rest and renewal. Congratulations on riding the horse...I'll find the URL of a weightloss blogger who is very into horses and incorporates them a lot into her program. Glad you're back.

     
  5. Hi. So beautiful that you cried after your ride. I can understand how you were overwhelmed with emotion at that moment.

    Sounds like it was a fabulous experience. I hope you get to do more riding. Many people find communing with horses a very special experience.

    My only recent experience with horses was petting a couple of shetland ponies that were being taken for a walk on a beach not far from where I live. Their owner runs a sanctury for horses and they were the cutest little things you've ever seen!

    Best wishes,
    Bearfriend xx

     
  6. Hi again. Thanks for your comment. I like to answer most comments individually by email but I can't find your address!

    I don't think the process is ever over. Because human beings are always evolving. And I think you're living your life to the full already! You are involved in many positive things and are working on making your dreams come true.

    Thanks for the hug! Here's one for you too ((((HUG))))

    Best wishes,
    Bearfriend xx

    PS you can send your email to me at Greycat20009@hotmail.com if you want me to reply by email in future. I won't pass it on to anyone else.